This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website www.rotarymp93940.wpengine.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, protecting and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and our Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means including on any other website operated by any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application, platform, or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, or on, our Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, including your name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as age, gender, language preferences, expertise, date of birth; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties we contract with to provide services on our behalf.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us on or through our Website including:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to Rotary.org through My Rotary, donating to The Rotary Foundation, subscribing to services available on our Website, including ideas.rotary.org, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on our Website.
- There may be features that are developed in the future that may result in the collection of additional new information.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Content”). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Content.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect is anonymous. It is aggregated into statistical data to helps us improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size, browser statistics, popularity of content and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To offer and fulfill our core business purposes which include:
- Fulfilling Rotary’s obligation to Rotarians
- Financial processing
- Supporting The Rotary Foundation
- Facilitating convention and special event planning
- Communicating key organizational messages
- Supporting the programs and membership of Rotary International
- Complying with any legal obligations
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. Rotary confirms that it will not sell or trade its membership data without the prior approval of the Rotary Board of Directors. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may opt-out of these contacts by notifying us. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information section below.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information section below.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rotary, Rotarians, Rotary clubs, Rotary districts or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, for some third-party advertisers you can opt-out by logging into our Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes. Otherwise you can send us an e-mail stating your request to Contact.Center@rotary.org.
- Promotional Offers. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Rotary to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, for some third parties’ products or services you can opt-out by logging into our Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes. Otherwise you can send us an e-mail stating your request to Contact.Center@rotary.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
Donor Privacy Information
Rotary will not sell, trade or share a donor’s personal information, including their name, phone number, email, or physical address with non-Rotary third parties nor will it send donors mailings on behalf of other unrelated organizations. This policy applies to all information received by Rotary, both online and offline, as well as any electronic, written or oral communication. Rotary occasionally uses third-party vendors to manage and process donor information. These vendors are bound by strict confidentiality agreements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into our Website and visiting your account profile page on My Rotary.
You may also send us an e-mail at Contact.Center@rotary.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Website or on or through any of its features/register on our Website, make any purchases through our Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Contact.Center@rotary.org.
California Privacy Rights
California state law permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information (if any) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to Contact.Center@rotary.org.
We have implemented technical and operational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All personal information you provide to us is stored on password-protected databases on our secure servers behind firewalls and we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure that the transmission of sensitive data for payments and contributions is encrypted and appropriately safeguarded. We train our employees on the importance of information security and focus specifically on practices for protecting against unauthorized disclosure of personal data. We have a documented incident response plan for acting upon events that violate Rotary’s security or privacy policies, should they occur, and this plan is reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Passwords registered with our Website are encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorized access to your personal information. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
Rotary may change, add, modify or remove portions of this Policy at any time, which shall become effective immediately upon posting on this page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the bottom of the page. It is your responsibility to review this Policy for any changes. By continuing to use our Website, you agree to any changes in the Policy.
If you have any questions about Rotary’s privacy protection practices or believe we have not adhered to this Policy, please contact us at Contact.Center@rotary.org
Last modified: September 2017